The Dr Hennessy Academy offers beginners Botox training courses to initiates in non-surgical aesthetics as well as advanced Botox training courses to professionals already working in the field.
All Botox training courses are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. Upon completion of the courses the Dr Hennessy Academy provides a “Certificate of Competence” recognised by all major insurance companies.
The three main Botox (and filler) training courses offered by the Dr Hennessy Academy are as follows:
Why take a Botox training course?
A Botox training course prepares you for the next step in your aesthetics career, be it in opening your own clinic, or gaining a new position at an existing practice. A career working in Botox is attractive for a number of reasons.
- Choose your own working hours
Unlike NHS rotas, private aesthetic practice gives you the freedom to decide when you want to work. This can be outside of your 9-5 and around your GP or consultant practice, or 9-5 like a normal day job to replace shift work.
- Grow your income
Botox and aesthetic medicine is a profitable career choice. A patient will pay £215-£470 per Botox treatment (covering 1-3 areas) every 3 months on average, and so with just a couple of patients per week, you can already add thousands to your income.
- Release your creativity
If your current work does not allow for creative expression then Botox training is the perfect way to release your creativity. Botox is based on science but applying it is an art which can create a number of beautiful results.
- Personal fulfilment
Botox practice offers the chance to work with the same patients over a number of years and to build a rewarding professional relationship.
- Long term career opportunities
Botox is a relatively new field, though now a well established one, exciting new procedures and products are constantly emerging.
“Excellent course, really complete and informative. Also, all of the staff are extremely nice and attentive. 100% recommend!” – Paola De Rogatis, Dentist
Why take Botox training with the Dr Hennessy Academy?
Dr Stephen Hennessy is a leading expert in the field of Botox who has performed many thousands of skin treatments to enhance and restore facial skin since the year 2000.
- All Botox training courses are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself.
- Dr Stephen Hennessy has been an honorary clinical tutor for UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire) on the MSc program in facial aesthetics and also a trainer in advanced procedures for Galderma at London’s Royal College of Surgeons.
- Dr Stephen Hennessy is BBC Radio Lancashire’s expert for facial rejuvenation and cosmetic dentistry.
- A new dermal filler procedure has been named “The Hennessy Lift” in recognition of Dr Stephen Hennessy’s innovative Botox filler work.
Who can take a Botox training course at the Dr Hennessy Academy?
Our courses are normally taken by professionals working in the following professions:
- Dentists – As Dentists work in aesthetics, our courses are in tune with their needs to gain hands-on experience in non-invasive facial surgeries.
- Doctors – With experience in the industry, learning Facial Aesthetics is a great way for Doctors to expand their knowledge and further their career.
- Nurses – Nurses are some of the most hard-working people in the medical industry, expand your career & follow a profession that can push your income further.
- Midwives – Being a Midwife is not an easy job, we tune our courses to help you learn new skills and open your career up to new possibilities.
Where do the Botox training courses take place?
Courses are taught in the Preston clinic in the North West of England.
“Dr Hennessy was amazing. I was extremely nervous and I was instantly put at ease. I did not feel as if any question was too much to ask. Sharon was lovely too! Kerry was also helpful before the course.” – Joanne Oliver, Dental Nurse
Beginners Botox and Filler Training Courses
Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day
The Combined Botox and Dermal Filler Training Course on this foundation level offer training for medical professionals (dentists, nurses, doctors, midwives, dental therapists, dental nurses, pharmacists) with no prior experience in non-surgical aesthetics.
The course (and all other courses) are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. the Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon because we believe that direct experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course.
Upon completion of the Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day course, the Dr Hennessy Academy provides a “Certificate of Competence” which is recognised by all major insurance companies.
These insurance companies have checked Dr Hennessy Academy’s theory & their practical and said that the Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day covers the area necessary to teach medical aesthetic injections.
Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day Learning Objectives:
The key learning objectives of the beginners Botox and filler course are to provide delegates with:
- Assessment of your patient’s facial proportions and aesthetic mapping
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the procedures and materials
- Best practice when performing medical aesthetics
- The confidence to provide treatments on your own patients
- You will learn how to use the market-leading Botulinum toxin products (Botox, Vistabel and Azzalure) and dermal fillers (Restylane and Belatero) and will receive full theory presentations and course materials.
- A private course can be booked with 1:1 model to delegate ratio. You will inject throughout the day as we feel your hands-on practical experience is the key to a confident aesthetic practitioner.
- Small course groups
Botulinum (Botox) theory covers:
- Discuss the history, safety and science of Botox/Azzalure
- Handling, storage and reconstitution of Botox/Azzalure
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding individual unique facial types
- Tips on painless injecting
- Indications and contraindications
- Treatments and managing patients expectations
- Side effects and managing complications
- Consultations, preparation and aftercare
Dermal Filler theory covers:
- The history of dermal fillers
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding the individual’s unique facial type
- Choosing the correct filler
- Proper injection techniques
- Side effects, risks and managing complications
How to start your own Botox Business
During the day we also have a Starting in Aesthetics talk. the Dr Hennessy Academy will show you how to prescribe, order and help to formulate the start-up of your business.
Advanced Botox Aesthetic Training Courses
Advanced Aesthetic Training Course
Our Advanced Botox and Filler courses are designed to develop your knowledge of administering more complex treatments, with a section that helps further understanding of Botox treatment. They will enable you to offer your clients a more comprehensive treatment plan and open up other options for your patients.
This is the next step in advancing you in your aesthetic business, for helping you move on from simply treating wrinkles to providing full facial rejuvenation with fantastic and safe results.
Advanced training will widen the range of treatments you can offer to place you ahead of your competitors. The Academy will have a maximum of 7 delegates per course to ensure the greatest amount of practical experience.
The Advanced Aesthetic Training Course (and all other courses) are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. the Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course.
Upon completion of the Advanced Aesthetic Training Course, Dr Hennessy Academy will provide a “Certificate of Competence” which is recognised by all major insurance companies.
These insurance companies have checked Dr Hennessy Academy’s theory & their practical and said that the Advanced Aesthetic Training Course covers the area necessary to teach medical aesthetic injections.
Advanced Aesthetic Training Course Learning Objectives
- Competency with injecting subdermally/supra periosteally
- Understanding differences between fillers eg G Prime
- Ability to perform facial analysis
Including fat pad atrophy and fat redistribution
- Awareness of retaining ligaments location and use in facial lifting
- Gain vital anatomical knowledge
- Confidence to deal with complications
- Confidence to treat more advanced procedures in practice.
Topics for Advanced Aesthetic Training Course:
- Cheek lifting
- Cheekbone definition
- Jawline definition
- Nose hump correction with dermal fillers
- Liquid facelift
- 8 point facelift
- Tear trough
- Scar correction
- Advanced anatomy
- Complications – use of Hyaluronidase
- Brow lifting
- Advanced Botulinum Toxin procedures (over 14 indications) including:
Jawline (Nefertiti lift)
One to One Botox and Filler Aesthetic Training Courses
One to One Bespoke Botox Course
the Dr Hennessy Academy offers bespoke courses created solely to the individual’s requirements and needs. From introducing you to foundation aesthetics or taking you through the advanced and more complex treatments, we tailor the day around you.
After your areas of training are established, we will structure the running of the day accordingly. In-depth theory as well as a diverse selection of relevant models will be provided for you. As with all one to ones, we will pace the theory sessions around you and with no other delegates, the practical experience gained on these days is unrivalled.
We offer a unique opportunity for new delegates to observe a live aesthetic clinic held by Dr Hennessy BDS. These evenings show the running and timings of a clinic. It also offers a rare chance to watch Dr Hennessy BDS manage clients expectations, regular patient maintenance, recommending procedures to new and existing patients and observing Dr Hennessy BDS experienced injecting techniques.
Important Information for All Courses
The course (and all other courses) are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. the Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course and this is beneficial as it allows you to observe the results of your work overtime. It is important to understand that other delegates will also be allowed to work on ‘your’ model however.
Attendees should bring their picture ID (Driving License or Passport).
What is Botulinum Toxin?
Botulinum Toxin is a muscle-relaxing medication made from bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum. The Botulinum Toxin is naturally occurring and can be readily found in soil, in the ground.
More commonly known as Botox, it is administered via injections to smooth wrinkles. Botox injections are effective because they weaken or paralyze certain muscles or block certain nerves. Normally, your brain sends electrical messages to your muscles so that they can contract and move. Botox however blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles with the result that the injected muscle can no longer contract (or tighten) as forcefully, causing the wrinkles to relax and soften.
Is Botox safe?
Botox and Azzalure have been used for many years very safely in various medical conditions such as cerebral palsy and for about 30 years in cosmetic use. Side effects are very rare but allergic reactions and effects on other muscles to those being treated have been reported in the medical press.
What is the procedure?
Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. Botox generally takes three to seven days to take full effect and it is best to avoid alcohol at least one week prior to treatment. Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications should be stopped two weeks before treatment as well in order to reduce possible bruising.
How long does Botox last?
The effects of Botox are temporary and last from 3-4 months. As muscle action gradually returns, the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear and wrinkles need to be re-treated. The lines and wrinkles often appear less severe with time because the muscles are being trained to relax. On the whole, it has been proved to be a very safe and effective procedure and this is what we have also found over the years in our clinic.
How is Botox training undertaken at the Dr Hennessy Academy?
All Botox and filler training courses are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy in person, with the assistance of Mrs Alisha Stonier. the Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course.
Botox training course FAQ’s
How many delegates will be on the course?
Dr Hennessy will only allow 6 delegates on his course. This enables everyone to ask questions without feeling intimidated and all to be able to receive the invaluable practical experience given.
Do we have live models for the practical side of the course?
Yes definitely. We strongly believe that the only way to learn is through live models. You need to see different facial structures to be able to recommend the correct treatment and dose for that patient. We all differ, and the more varying sized foreheads, low eyebrows, unsymmetrical features you see, the more experienced you will be. We guarantee you will inject every area taught.
After completing the course, when can I start injecting?
As soon as you have your insurance in place. On leaving Dr Hennessy Academy you will be qualified to inject, but make sure your indemnity is in place and they have received a copy of your certificate.
Do you offer any after course support?
We offer unlimited after course support (for the courses you attend with us) and are always here to help. You will be given our Academy work mobile number and email address so it’s easy to contact us.