The Dr Hennessy Academy offers introductory level dermal filler training courses to facial aesthetics beginners, as well as advanced level dermal filler training to professionals already working in non-surgical aesthetics.
All dermal filler courses are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy in person. Upon completion of the course the Dr Hennessy Academy provides a “Certificate of Competence” which is recognised by all major insurance companies.
Background: Dermal fillers are not the same as neurotoxins like the Botulinum Toxin, or Botox. Botox “freezes” muscles to reduce wrinkles whereas dermal fillers smooth out skin by filling wrinkles.
The four key areas of dermal filler training offered by the Dr Hennessy Academy are as follows:
Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation – includes both Botox & Fillers
Lips & Local Anaesthesia Courses & Training – specified towards a strong understanding of dermal fillers
Advanced Aesthetic Training Course – touches on the deeper aspects of dermal fillers
One to one training courses – these can be tailored towards dermal fillers
Why take a dermal filler training course?
Knowledge of dermal filler procedures is an essential part of cosmetic surgery practice along with Botox training. A course in dermal fillers will help to prepare you for the next step in your aesthetics career, be it opening your own clinic or gaining a new position at an existing practice.
A career in cosmetic surgery including dermal filler training is attractive for a number of reasons.
- Increase your earnings – Botox and aesthetic medicine can be highly profitable. On average a patient will pay £215-£470 per aesthetic treatment every 3 months. So with merely two or three patients per week you can add thousands to your income.
- Work/life balance – Private aesthetic practice offers you the freedom of deciding when you work, unlike NHS rotas. This can be in the evenings and weekends around your GP or consultant practice, or 9-5 like a normal day job to replace shift work.
- Creative fulfilment – Non-surgical aesthetics training is the perfect way to release your creativity. Non-surgical aesthetics is based on medical science, but applying it is an art form and your work can and will create beautiful results.
- Personal fulfilment – Botox and dermal fillers practice offers the chance to work with patients over the long term and build a lasting professional relationship.
- A growth industry – Medical aesthetics is a growth industry, with new products and procedures constantly emerging in all areas, not only with dermal fillers but with botox and with their combined application.
“I am so glad that I took this course with Dr Hennessy, his teaching is excellent, he made sure everybody understood everything we were doing. He’s very supportive, very clear explanations and always willing to answer any questions we had. If anyone is thinking about doing this course, I would highly recommend it” – Roya Khosrokiani, Dental Nurse
Who is Dr. Stephen Hennessy?
Dr Stephen Hennessy is a leading expert in the field of dermal fillers who has performed many thousands of skin treatments to enhance and restore facial skin since the year 2000.
All dermal filler training courses are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy in person and assisted by Ms Alisha Owen. Dr Stephen Hennessy’s has experience within the non-surgical aesthetics field:
- Dr Stephen Hennessy has taught advanced procedures for Galderma at London’s Royal College of Surgeons.
- Dr Stephen Hennessy has been an honorary clinical tutor for UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire) on the MSc program in facial aesthetics.
- Dr Stephen Hennessy is BBC Radio Lancashire’s expert for facial rejuvenation and cosmetic dentistry.
- A new dermal filler procedure has been named “The Hennessy Lift” in recognition of Dr Stephen Hennessy’s innovative botox filler work.
Who can attend dermal filler training at the Dr Hennessy Academy?
If you’re a medical professional such as a dentist, doctors, nurse or midwife and are committed to training properly in cosmetic procedures then attending a dermal filler course at The Dr Hennessy Academy not only offers you the chance to obtain world class training but help be a part of a safer and more clinically rigorous industry.
The dermal filler courses are for dentists, doctors, nurses and midwives:
As Dentists work in Aesthetics, our dermal filler courses are in tune with their needs to gain hands-on experience in non-invasive facial surgeries.
With experience in the industry, taking a dermal filler course is a great way for Doctors to expand their knowledge and further their career.
Nurses are some of the most hard-working people in the medical industry, expand your career with a dermal filler course and follow a profession that can push your income further.
Being a Midwife is not an easy job, we tune our courses to help you learn new skills and open your career up to new possibilities.
Where do Dr Hennessy’s dermal filler courses take place?
Training clinics for all Dr Hennessy dermal filler courses are at the Preston Clinic in the North West of England
“Excellent day again, very good theory and lots of practical experience as well as having a laugh along the way!” – Tom Charnock, Dentist
Beginners Botox and Dermal Lip Filler Training Courses
Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day
The Combined Botox and Dermal Filler Training Course on this foundation level offers training in both botox and fillers for medical professionals (dentists, nurses, doctors, midwives, dental therapists, dental nurses, pharmacists) with no previous experience in non-surgical aesthetics.
The course (and all our courses) is taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy in person, assisted by Ms Alisha Owen. At our Academy, we only use live models to perform the training of procedures upon. We believe that real, live experience is the only way to perfect these important procedures. Applicants can bring their own model.
On completing the Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day course, The Dr Hennessy Academy will provide all delegates with a “Certificate of Competence” recognised by all major insurance companies. These insurance companies have checked Dr Hennessy Academy’s theory and practice and said that the Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day covers the area necessary to teach medical aesthetic injections.
Combined Botox & Dermal Filler Foundation Day Learning Objectives:
The key learning objectives of the beginner’s botox and filler course are to provide delegates with:
- Assessment of your patient’s facial proportions and aesthetic mapping
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the procedures and materials
- Best practice when performing medical aesthetics
- The confidence to provide treatments on your own patients
- You will learn how to use the market-leading Botulinum toxin products (Botox, Vistabel and Azzalure) and dermal fillers (Restylane and Belotero) and will receive full theory presentations and course materials.
- A course with 1:1 model to delegate ratio. You will inject throughout the day as we feel your hands-on practical experience is the key to a confident aesthetic practitioner.
- Small course groups
Botulinum (Botox) theory covers:
- Discuss the history, safety and science of Botox/Azzalure
- Handling, storage and reconstitution of Botox/Azzalure
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding individual unique facial types
- Tips on painless injecting
- Indications and contraindications
- Treatments and managing patients expectations
- Side effects and managing complications
- Consultations, preparation and aftercare
Dermal Filler theory covers:
- The history of dermal fillers
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding the individual’s unique facial type
- Choosing the correct filler
- Proper injection techniques
- Side effects, risks and managing complications
How to start your own botox Business
During the day we also have a Starting in Aesthetics talk. The Dr Hennessy Academy will show you how to prescribe, order and help to formulate the start-up of your business.
Intermediate Lip Filler Training Courses
Lips & Local Anaesthesia Courses & Training
Lips & Local Anaesthesia is a full-day lip filler training course suitable for dentists, midwives, nurses and doctors who have already completed their foundation course in fillers and wish to add lip augmentation (lip filler) and the appropriate anaesthesia procedures to their skill set.
The course (and all other courses) is taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. The Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course.
Upon completion of the Lips & Local Anaesthesia course, The Dr Hennessy Academy will provide a “Certificate of Competence” recognised by all major insurance companies.
These major insurance companies have carefully checked Dr Hennessy Academy’s theory & their practical and have confirmed that the Lips & Local Anaesthesia covers the area necessary to teach medic aesthetic injections.
Learning objectives of the Lips & Local Anaesthesia Courses and Training:
Our core objectives are to provide knowledge and practice in the use of dermal fillers to artistically enhance lips. We provide all lip models for our delegates and only use the market-leading products. All delegates leave with a Certificate of Competence to provide anaesthesia which is accepted by all major insurance companies. The Lips & Local Anaesthesia Course teaches dermal fillers procedures to dentists, doctors, nurses and midwives.
Morning Session – Aesthetic Theory for Lip Fillers
- The science
- Local anaesthesia and full nerve infiltration presentation
- Balancing within the face and correct lip sizing
- Choosing the correct filler
- Realistic expectation
- Dealing with complications
Afternoon Session – Hands-on Practical Lip Injections. WE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MODEL EACH
- Lip injecting with hands-on guidance
- Local anaesthesia injecting
- Definition and/or plumping
- Upper lip v. lower lip
- Small course groups benefiting detailed techniques
- High model to delegate ratio
- Explaining simple lip definition/fullness
- Anaesthetise and administer painlessly
Advanced Dermal Lip Filler Training Courses
Advanced Aesthetic Training Course
The advanced aesthetic filler course digs into the deeper aspects of cosmetic surgery practices and develops your knowledge of administering more complex treatments such as dermal lip fillers. It will enable you to offer your clients a more comprehensive treatment plan and open up other options for your patients.
This is the next step in advancing you in your aesthetic business, for helping you move on from simply treating wrinkles to providing full facial rejuvenation with fantastic and safe results.
Advanced aesthetic training will widen the range of treatments you can offer to place you ahead of your competitors. With a maximum of 7 delegates per course, we ensure you the greatest amount of practical experience.
The Advanced Aesthetic Training Course (and all courses) is taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the help of Ms Alisha Owen. The Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. After completing the Advanced Aesthetic Training Course, Dr Hennessy Academy will provide a “Certificate of Competence” recognised by all major insurance companies.
Advanced Aesthetic Training Course Learning Objectives
- Competency with injecting subdermally/supra periosteally
- Understanding differences between fillers eg G Prime
- Ability to perform a facial analysis
Including fat pad atrophy and fat redistribution
- Awareness of retaining ligaments location and use in facial lifting
- Gain vital anatomical knowledge
- Confidence to deal with complications
- Confidence to treat more advanced procedures in practice.
Topics for Advanced Aesthetic Training Course:
- Cheek lifting
- Cheekbone definition
- Jawline definition
- Nose hump correction with dermal fillers
- Liquid facelift
- 8 point facelift
- Tear trough
- Scar correction
- Advanced anatomy
- Complications – use of Hyaluronidase
- Brow lifting
- Advanced Botulinum Toxin procedures (over 14 indications) including:
Jawline (Nefertiti lift)
One to One Botox and Filler Aesthetic Training Courses
One to One Bespoke Dermal Filler Course
The Dr Hennessy Academy offers bespoke courses tailored exclusively to the individual’s requirements and needs. The “One to one training courses” can be tailored towards dermal fillers if the applicant wishes to further pursue this area.
Once your desired areas of training have been established, we will structure the day accordingly. In-depth theory, as well as a diverse selection of relevant models, will be provided for you. As with all one to one courses, we will pace the theory sessions around you, and with no other students, the amount of knowledge and practical experience gained on these days is incredible.
Important Information for All Courses
The course (and all other courses) are taught by Dr Stephen Hennessy himself, with the assistance of Ms Alisha Owen. the Dr Hennessy Academy only uses live models to perform the training of procedures upon, we believe that real, live experience is the only way to learn these procedures. Applicants can bring their own model to the course and this is beneficial as it allows you to observe the results of your work overtime. It is important to understand that other delegates will also be allowed to inject ‘your’ model however.
Attendees should bring their picture ID (Driving License or Passport).
What are dermal fillers?
A dermal filler is a soft tissue filler injected into the skin to help fill in facial wrinkles. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
How are dermal fillers different to Botox?
Botox and dermal fillers are both cosmetic treatments given through injections. However, they work in completely different ways.
Botox contains purified bacteria in the form of the Botulinum Toxin that freeze muscles to help minimise the appearance of lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions.
Dermal fillers however do not freeze muscles, instead, they contain ingredients that add fullness to areas that have thinned due to ageing.
Dermal filler FAQ’s
Do I need to have done a foundation course before I register for a lips course?
Yes, we need to know you have been on a foundation course before moving on those tricky swelling lips. We will ask for a copy of your certificate from a previous provider if you didn’t complete your foundation with us.
How many models do we practice on?
Dr Hennessy makes sure that you all inject a full lip on different models. So you will do a lower lip on one model and an upper on another etc.
What product do you train the delegates with?
Dr Hennessy Academy uses Restylane Kysse and Boletero on our lips and LA training course.