The Botox and Dermal Filler Training Course on this foundation level is provided for medical professionals (dentists, nurses, doctors, midwives, dental therapists etc) who are new to the field of non-surgical aesthetics.
The key objective of the Dr Hennessy Academy is to provide delegates with:
- Assessment of your patients facial proportions and aesthetic mapping
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the procedures and materials
- Best practice when performing medical aesthetics
- The confidence to provide treatments on your own patients
- You will learn how to use the market leading Botulinum toxin products (Botox, Vistabel and Azzalure) and dermal fillers (Emervel, Juvederm and Belotero) and will receive full theory presentations and course materials.
The course starts with a thorough theoretical Botulinum Toxin and filler session explaining in detail the knowledge you need to have in place. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions and share information. You will have been provided with some additional home reading prior to the course to gain some background knowledge before hand.
There then follows an intensive hands-on practical training for the majority of the day. We cannot overstate how important the hands-on session is for gaining the skills in order that you can go on to start a successful career in this competitive industry. Our aim is for you to leave confident to inject and enter a progressive and exciting new industry.
Botulium theory covers
- Discuss the history, safety and science of Botox/Azzalure
- Handling, storage and reconstitution of Botox/Azzalure
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding individual unique facial types
- Tips on painless injecting
- Indications and contraindications
- Treatments and managing patients expectations
- Side effects and managing complications
- Consultations, preparation and aftercare
Dermal Filler theory covers
- The history of dermal fillers
- Review the facial muscle anatomy
- Understanding the individuals unique facial type
- Choosing the correct filler
- Proper injection techniques
- Side effects, risks and managing complications
- After care
Your new Business
During the day we also have a Starting in Aesthetics talk. The Dr Hennessy Academy will show you how to prescribe, order and help to formulate the start up of your business. Your business manual also contains advise to making you stand out from the competition as well as medical history, aftercare and order forms that we feel are imperative to starting this new medical field. Both new and advanced course delegates also have unlimited after course support for those occasional queries and questions.
As with all our courses, Dr Hennessy BDS provides constant guidance throughout the day and is there to answer any questions you have. We promote a relaxed environment so delegates are at ease to ask away!
Models are provided free of charge to the delegates on the day. We DO NOT inject on mannequin heads and feel the experience gained from injecting on individual live models is invaluable and also within the H.E.E guidelines. All our models will have three areas of B-tox as well as dermal filler. You may choose to bring a model with you which is beneficial as you will be able to see the changes once the course has finished, however, all models do pay a small charge for the products. Delegates must understand other delegates on the day will be injecting on ‘their’ model too.
Lunch and refreshments are all part of the day, please make us aware of any food allergies when booking.