Expert Aesthetics Training for Healthcare Professionals in the North West
There is no better place to start or progress your aesthetics training than at the Dr Hennessy Academy in Preston.
Underpinning everything we do is a passion to deliver the best training followed up with outstanding support as you start to grow your new aesthetics business.
Our Botox and dermal filler training courses are purposely run with a small number of students in each group which means your trainer can spend enough time with you individually, ensuring you leave us ready to take on clients.
We have adopted a relaxed teaching style which is heavy with hands-on, practical training – all of which is done on live models – this gives you additional interpersonal skills as well as the practical ones that is needed when running your own business.
The Dr Hennessy Academy is a CQC registered premises for your safety.
We’re here to help you develop the skills you need to run your own successful aesthetics company by delivering the very best aesthetics training courses.
Using the very latest products and techniques, you will learn all there is to learn about non-surgical cosmetic surgery in a relaxed yet professional setting followed up with dedicated mentoring and a solid support network.
We promise to deliver professional, personal, hands-on training courses which will give you a solid grounding at any level of aesthetics. We’ll inspire you to take the next step in business and instil a deep confidence in your own ability and potential.
Recommended by Galderma
Our botox & aesthetics training courses are recommended by aesthetic product manufacturers such as Galderma and endorsed by all major insurance companies in the field – Cosmetic Insure, Hamilton Fraser
Groups limited to 6
Practical groups are limited to 6 which gives a unique opportunity for excellent education and closely supervised hands-on practice. We also give a Starting in Aesthetics talk. We are proud that our courses provide the highest model to delegate ratio.
We do provide models for all our courses but you can bring a model if you prefer. Please note that all Dr Hennessy’s courses DO NOT inject on plastic dummies as we believe that your practical on live individuals is invaluable.
Meet Our Team of Trainers
Our team of trainers are all experts in their field, with illustrious careers and professional qualifications. They have all worked in the industry for many years and continue to learn and develop their own skills and knowledge of the latest products and cutting edge techniques which they share with you.
Dr Stephen Hennessy BDS, (Galderma – key opinion leader) has been in the aesthetics field for over 20 years and is renowned for lecturing both nationally and internationally, being one of the first dental surgeons in the UK to train in fillers and toxins.
Over the last two decades he has practised, lectured and researched within the medical aesthetics industry, benefitting you with these years of experience
Dr Hennessy BDS will be your tutor at the Dr Hennessy Academy alongside Mrs Alisha Stonier RGN NP and Dr Richard Bates.
Dr Hennessy’s accolades include:
- National/international trainer for Galderma in Azzalure
- Past Clinical Tutor for the MSc in facial aesthetics at UCLan University
- Trainer to other professionals for Allergan, makers of Botox, Vistabel
- Involved in the initial research trials for Allergan in Juvederm Ultra
- Involved in the initial research trials for Galderma in Emervel
- On Research panel for Galderma into Azzalure efficacy ( ANGEL study)
- On research panel for Galderma into Azzalure safety
- On the Clinical Advisory Panel for Allergan in Botox and Juvederm Ultra
- Past clinical trainer for companies such as CODE and Cosmetology.
- Expert for the Discovery Health Channel regarding Botox treatments
- Creator of the anti-ageing skincare range
- Registered nurse for 11 years
- Nurse prescriber
- Masters (MSc) in Professional Clinical Practice – advanced nursing and aesthetics
- Attended Dr Hennessy Academy Foundation course in 2016
- Became part of the Academy Team in 2019
- Dog mum to two puppies
- Qualified in 2008
- Worked as a SHO in oral and maxillofacial surgery at R C of S in Edinburgh.
- Returned to General Dental Practitioners 2013
- Completed Foundation in Dental Implants with Straumann at ITI
- Joined Dr S Hennessy in 2018